Wednesday 20 May 2020

Citizenship - Presentation

Citizenship - Presentation


In class we have been asked to work on a 10 minute Citizenship presentation in a group. At first we were unsure if we were able to create a powerpoint slide for 10 minutes as we didn’t know if we could get to that time limit. I was placed in a group with Alana, Albiona and Ashleigh. I researched mental health, and I thought I had some good points to put on my blog. Alana worked on the slides and I worked on the script for all of us to say. To make our powerpoint presentation more interesting, me and Alana both had the same idea to make it into an interview with Mark Ravenhill. 

The Roles consisted of me: playing Mark Ravenhill  
Alana: Serious interviewer
Albiona: Comedy relief Interviewer
Ashleigh: Talk show host




Introduction


Ashleigh: Hello and welcome to my talk show where we talk to celebrities and get the inside scoop towards what they go through in their life.

Albiona: I hope we get to meet somebody interesting,

Ashleigh: This person is a writer who not only has written a contemporary play but many others and he supports difference. Alana would you like to do the honors.

Alana: Bring in our mystery guest guys.

[Audience cheers, Albiona and Ashleigh claps]

Mark Ravenhill walks across the stage and takes a seat next to Ashleigh and Albiona.

Ravenhill and Alana will talk about each slide in the conversation.

Overall, I thought we wouldn’t go to the maximum of ten minutes but ended up doing 12 and I find that I’m really happy with this result as all three of us were a bit skeptical. The conversation flowed nicely and I didn’t hesitate on my words. 

During this experience I found that I learnt a lot more about Mark Ravenhill, and the play of Citizenship, and It was also nicer to work better as a team than doing the presentation solo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment